Are you looking for an effective acne treatment for teens?
10 best acne treatment products for teens include:
Editor Pick Best Acne Treatment For Teens
Claridad Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Acne Face Wash
One of the most prescribed products by dermatologists, this glycolic face wash from Claridad is suitable for all skin types and offers many benefits for controlling teenage acne. It is a great face cleanser for acne-prone skin and can be used for cleansing even the most sensitive skin. It cleans the pores and removes excess oil, dirt, and sebum trapped inside the pores to help your skin breathe properly. The main ingredients of this face wash include glycolic acid and yucca extracts. These ingredients reduce dark spots and control acne breakouts to give you a healthy and clean skin every time you use it. It also works on fine lines and uneven skin along with providing all the benefits of a chemical peel without any side-effects. The formula of this face wash is natural and does not contain parabens. This face wash provides visible results in terms of acne control in just two weeks of regular usage. It comes in a convenient bottle packaging with a flip-open cap. The price is a little high for the quantity but one bottle lasts for at least 2-3 months if used regularly so the price is justified.
- Is very gentle yet effective in controlling acne and keeps the skin clean and smooth.
- Works on uneven skin, fine lines, acne marks, and dark sports and reduces then gradually.
- Gives visible results just after two weeks of usage and one bottle lasts for a really good time.
- Gives all the benefits of a chemical peel without any side-effects and is suitable for all skin types.
- The face wash can be a bit strong for very sensitive skin as it contains a strong concentration of glycolic acid.
- The price is high as compared to the quantity.
Keeva Acne Treatment Cream
Enriched with tea tree oil and salicylic acid, this acne treatment cream from Keeva contains natural ingredients and is free of parabens and sulfates. It also contains rosehip seed oil, shea butter, olive oil, milk thistle, squalene, and vitamin E which hydrates the skin and helps in fading dark spots. It comes in a tub packaging and the cream is quite thick in consistency. The cream does leave a tingling effect on the skin after it is applied but the tingling fades away after some time. Regular use helps to reduce acne, blackheads, dark spots and dullness from the skin and reveals a brighter and healthier skin. It does not dry out the skin like other acne treatments. It is available in three size options and is suitable for all skin types. The cream diminishes the acne scars over time if you use the cream twice a day on the affected area. It also shows visible results on teen acne in just a few weeks of usage. The cream does have a mild fragrance which is soothing and pleasant. The price of the cream is moderate as compared to the quantity and one tub lasts for around 3-4 months.
- Contains all natural ingredients and is free of parabens and sulfates which harm the skin.
- Reduces acne, dark spots, dullness and blackheads and brightens the skin.
- Comes in a convenient tub packaging at a reasonable price.
- Hydrates the skin and prevents skin dryness.
- Three size options to choose from so you can buy the size which seems suitable.
- The consistency of the cream is a bit thick so it is not very suitable for oily skin.
- It contains isoparaffin which can be harmful for the skin if used regularly.
TreeActiv Acne Eliminating Face Cleanser
Treeactiv is one brand which is known for its effective skincare products and this sulfur face cleanser from the brand is a bestseller among teens because of its effective results on teen acne. Sulfur acts as a natural antiseptic and has antibacterial properties which keep the skin clean and prevent bacteria growth. The face cleanser also contains vitamin C and peppermint oil to provide antioxidants to the skin to fight the free radicals which lead to skin damage. Some other ingredients include activated charcoal, castile soap, honey granules, and pumice particles to provide an exfoliating effect. The formula is gentle on the skin but tough on hormonal acne and dark spots. It lathers well and can be rinsed easily. The face wash is hydrating and does not dry out the skin. It has a fresh and clean fragrance which makes the skin feel healthy and clean. It is very good for keeping excess oil and sebum under control and is safe for daily use. The packaging of the face wash is very convenient and the dark tinted glass bottle keeps the formula protected from direct sunlight. The price of the face wash is high but you can get it at a good discount online.
- Potent face wash formula for acne-prone skin which is suitable for daily use.
- Sulfur unclogs pores and acts as a natural antiseptic for the skin.
- Activated charcoal detoxifies the skin and prevents future acne breakouts.
- Lathers well and cleans the face without leaving any residue.
- The price of this face wash is high.
- The quantity is not as much as other brands offer so one bottle lasts for a month or so.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer
With 2 sizes and four styles to choose from, this oil-free moisturizer from Neutrogena is very gentle on the skin and hydrates it well. It is formulated to suit acne-prone skin and has a water-based formula which gets absorbed easily. This moisturizer is non-comedogenic so it does not clog the pores. It is free of artificial fragrances or alcohol which can dry out the skin. The formula also offers broad-spectrum sun protection to the skin so that you do not have to use a separate sunscreen in addition to the moisturizer. The moisturizer has a creamy consistency and is white in color. It provides long-lasting hydration for the whole day. It does not leave any residue on the skin and does not make the skin look greasy. Avoid applying the cream around the eye area is the formula can irritate the eyes and the sensitive skin around the eye. The pump packaging is convenient and one bottle lasts for 2 months. The price of the moisturizer is quite affordable as compared to other moisturizers available in the market.
- The oil-free formula which does not clog pores and leaves the skin soft and smooth.
- The pump packaging is quite convenient to use and is travel-friendly.
- The sun protection factor adds to the benefits of the moisturizer.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- The formula contains parabens which harm the skin in the long run.
- It can irritate the eyes and the under-eye area if applied too close to the eye.
Murad 30 Day Acne Control Kit
If you are looking to control acne breakouts in just 30 days, this acne control kit from Murad offers a complete acne control with four products which are designed to clear acne completely. This kit consists of a cleanser, a clearing solution, an oil-control mattifier, and a spot treatment. This kit can be used both in the morning and the evening skincare routines and gives visible results in just three days of usage. The spot treatment gradually fades blemishes and the oil-free mattifier also offers sun protection. All the four products are specially made to keep the pores of the skin clean and disinfected. Since the range is made up of potent ingredients, it might cause a tingling or slight burning sensation when you apply it on the acne. They work well on hormonal acne as all the products except the oil-free mattifier contain 2% salicylic acid which acts fast on existing acne and prevents future breakouts too. The quantity is also good as one kit lasts for around 3-4 months if used twice daily. The price of the kit is quite affordable as you get quick results if you use the kit regularly.
- Contains 4 products designed to offer you a complete skincare regime for morning and evening.
- Gives visible results in just three days of usage and does not allow acne to reoccur.
- The spot treatment helps in controlling sudden acne breakouts.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- The acne breakouts can reoccur if you stop using the acne treatment kit abruptly.
- It can irritate the skin if more product is used than required.
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser
Philosophy is known for its high-performance products and this acne treatment cleanser from Philosophy is a favorite of many for its gentle formula which deep cleans the skin and removes excess oil and dirt trapped in the pores. It is great for all skin types and comes in a convenient pump packaging. The face cleanser is light green in color and works really well or rosacea and eczema as well. It reduces redness and itching to give you a clean and smooth skin. The concentration of salicylic acid in the formula is a bit high so the face wash can be drying if used more frequently than required. The product has a mild and soothing fragrance which is light and does not irritate the nose. Its bubbly consistency makes it a perfect pick-me-up for the skin after a long day. It is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin. It clears acne gradually without leaving any spots or marks and makes your skin look clearer over a period of time if you use it regularly. The quantity is great for the price which is moderate as compared to other face cleansers.
- Contains salicylic acid which controls acne breakouts and helps in fading marks.
- The mild fragrance with bubbly consistency soothes the skin and cleans the pores.
- It is suitable for all skin types and does not irritate the delicate facial skin.
- The quantity of the face cleanser is good for the price.
- The formula dries out the skin if the face wash is used more frequently than advised.
- It is a bit strong for extremely sensitive skin.
Origins Spot Remover Anti Blemish Treatment Gel
One of the most popular spot treatments for acne and blemishes, this treatment gel from Origins uses salicylic acid, oregano, and clove buds to heal the acne breakouts and lighten marks. It is suitable for sensitive skin also and does not cause any skin irritation. The consistency of the gel is very thin and it needs to be applied in a thin layer on the acne marks and blemishes. It comes in a small glass pump bottle and you need to leave it on the skin unless the gel is completely dry. You can also apply it under moisturizer or makeup as it does not interfere with the skincare or makeup formulas. It has a clean and refreshing fragrance of oregano and clove. The quantity of the gel is quite less for the price but only one or two drops are needed for every single use so one bottle lasts for a really long time. The price of this acne treatment gel is a little higher than other products available in the market and it is available in a single size only.
- Works as an effective spot treatment for blemishes and acne spots.
- Only a small quantity is needed for every use so it lasts for a very long time.
- Dries quickly so you can wear it under makeup or other skincare products also.
- Has a light and refreshing fragrance.
- Can lead to dry patches and irritation if more gel is used.
- The quantity of the gel is quite less for the price.
Check Video Reviewback to menu ↑
Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing System
If you are looking for a travel-friendly acne treatment kit to get rid of acne completely, this kit from Dermatologica is well-known for its quick results. It comes with five products including one matte moisturizer, one all over toner, one daytime treatment, one night treatment, and a foaming face wash. The toner comes in a spray bottle which makes it easier for the product to reach all areas of the face. The kit can be used twice a day in the morning and evening for getting the desired results as it contains a separate daytime and nighttime treatment cream. It absorbs excess oil and cleans the pores to minimize acne breakouts. The kit lasts for around 2-3 months as all the products are of travel-size. All the products have a soothing fragrance which makes the treatment feel luxurious. It is a great kit for controlling teenage acne as the products are designed keeping young skin in mind. The matte moisturizer keeps the skin hydrated and prevents dry patches and the toner helps to restore the pH of the skin. The price of the kit is affordable as compared to other kits available in the market as you get five products for a complete acne treatment.
- Offers a complete solution for teenage acne with five products which are designed to reduce acne breakouts from the first use.
- Comes with travel-sized products which can be carried in any bag.
- Absorbs excess oil and removes dirt and bacteria from the pores.
- The products have a soothing and luxurious fragrance.
- You need to use all the products as per the usage instructions to get visible results as the products work well together.
- The treatment tubes can be too strong for sensitive skin and can cause dry patches.
Check Video Reviewback to menu ↑
Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
One of the most affordable acne treatments for teens, this spot treatment for Clean and Clear comes in a handy tube packaging with a small nozzle for spot treatment. It is available in four sizes and 7 styles to choose from. The product has an oil-free formula and contains 2% salicylic acid which dries the pimple and lightens acne marks in just a few uses. The formula penetrates into the skin and disinfects the pores to leave your skin feeling clean and smooth. The treatment needs to be used thrice a day on affected areas to see visible results. It dries out on the acne and fades it gradually if you use the product regularly. It does cause a slight burning sensation on the skin but it fades away quickly. The formula feels cool and soothing on the skin and is suitable for all skin types including sensitive teenage skin. The consistency of the product is slightly thicker than other acne treatment creams but it sticks to the skin better because of its consistency. The quantity of the spot treatment is very less so it is advised to use the product sparingly only for spot treatment on pimples and acne. The price is very affordable and you can get the product on discount online.
- Comes in a handy tube packaging which is easy to use on acne and pimples.
- Contains 2% salicylic acid to dry out the pimples and control bacteria growth.
- Feels cool on the skin and fades dark spots gradually.
- Comes at a very affordable price and is one of the cheapest acne treatments available in the market for teens.
- The quantity of the treatment gel is quite less as compared to other products.
- It stings a little if more quantity is used on the acne than required.
Neutrogena Light Therapy Acne Spot Treatment
If you are looking for an acne treatment that uses light therapy to treat acne and pimples, this handy tool from Neutrogena is a good option to consider. It is clinically proven to reduce acne from the first use itself. It uses blue and red light to penetrate deep into the skin to kill bacteria and reduce further breakouts. It is very easy to use because of its compact shape and ease of operation. It does not involve the use of any gel or cream so there is no mess or residue left on the skin after using the treatment. The blue light acts on the surface of the skin to kill acne-causing bacteria and the red light goes to the deeper layers to reduce redness and inflammation. The device is meant to be used for two minutes for the light therapy to work effectively and it switches off automatically after 2 minutes so there is no risk of over-usage. It is suitable for all skin types and is completely free of UV lights or lasers which can harm the skin. The price of the device is quite affordable as it lasts for really long if you change the batteries regularly.
- Is very handy and can be used anywhere since it does not use any cream or gel.
- The red and blue lights penetrate deep into the skin to cure acne and reduce inflammation.
- Does not have any side-effects and can be used for all skin types.
- Automatically switches off after 2 minutes for effective treatment.
- It takes some time to show visible results on acne breakouts.
- A special screwdriver is needed to open the battery compartment for replacement.
Check Video Review
Q. Why are teenagers more prone to acne breakouts?
A. Hormones play a huge role in how our skin functions and teenage is the time when most kids are going through major hormonal changes which lead to acne breakouts. Most teenagers tend to suffer from painful acne or pimples during this age and these breakouts can turn into cystic acne if not treated properly.
Q: What are the first signs of acne?
A. The first signs of impending acne breakout are whiteheads and blackheads which are basically clogged pores. These clogged pores can lead to small red bumps on the skin which are painful and tender. These bumps can lead to acne or pimples which can be painful and filled with pus so it is better to use a good acne treatment on the early signs of acne to prevent painful pimples
Q: What is the difference between a pimple and acne?
A. Pimples are a type of acne which are caused by clogged pores with sebum and oil trapped inside the pores. The term acne covers a wider range of skin concerns and all bumps on the skin are referred to as acne. A pimple is one of the symptoms of acne in which a follicle or a skin pore gets infected and filled with bacteria.
Some tips to keep in mind when buying and using acne treatment products for teens to get desired results:
- Always follow a proper skincare routine with the right products designed for treating teenage acne to get rid of acne marks completely.
- Do not skip on removing any kind of makeup or excess dirt and oil from the skin before using the acne treatment so that the cream penetrates the skin effectively.
- Make sure that you do not leave the product on the skin for quite long as most acne formulations are quite strong and can cause dry patches if not used properly.
- Check the label of the product carefully to see how much percentage of acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide are present in the formula. Check with your dermatologist to see if these concentrations are safe for your skin.
- Use non-comedogenic makeup and skincare products if you suffer from regular acne breakouts as these products are designed to prevent clogging of pores.
- Drinking enough water and eating a clean diet helps a lot in controlling acne breakouts and making your skin smooth and clear.
Have you used an acne treatment for teens? Which one worked for you?