Do you have blackheads? Which is your favourite blackhead remover which cleans your skin effectively?
Regular scrubbing can help to reduce the occurrence but it does not remove them completely. If you want a blackhead-free face, it is important to use a product specifically designed for removing them. Here are ten of the most popular blackhead removers which work effectively in cleaning the pores and removing dirt:
10 Best Blackhead Remover Review 2019
Editor Pick 3 Best Blackhead Remover
BuOceans Blackhead Clear Mask
The deep cleansing action of this mask removes blackheads and cleans the skin of all the dirt and impurities. It also clears acne and improves the radiance of the skin dramatically over a period of time. If you have severe blackheads, it is recommended to use this mask 2-3 times in a week for cleaning the face effectively. It also controls excess oil and sebum. Price is great as compared to the quantity.
Aria Starr Beauty Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask
With shea butter, aloe vera and jojoba oil, this Dead Sea mud mask is a purifying mask which absorbs all oil and dirt from the skin. It is suitable for all skin types and cleanses the pores to give you visibly clearer skin. It also contains sodium, zinc, magnesium, zinc, iodine and sulphur which help in detoxifying the skin. The quantity is amazing and the packaging is perfect for a face mask. Sensitive skin can also use this mask as it is very gentle. The price is also moderate.
Majestic Pure Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask
The 100% natural formula of this mask makes it a great skincare product for all types of skin. It cleans the skin and pores with its absorbing action and removes all impurities. The mask is rich in minerals and salts which remove dead skin cells and tone the skin. It is also good in reducing signs of acne, pimples, psoriasis, eczema and other skin concerns. The clay-like formula improves the texture of the skin over time and gives it a radiant look.
New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask
The main ingredients of this mask include pure Dead Sea mud, jojoba oil, sunflower seed oil, chamomile extract, aloe vera and vitamin E. It works for all skin types and improves blood circulation and cleans the skin without making it dry or red. It also contains kaolin, shea butter, and calendula extracts which nourish the skin and combat oiliness. If you are looking for a great blackhead remover for sensitive skin, this mask is a great addition to your skincare routine. The price is lesser as compared to many other masks.
THENA Deep Cleansing Mask
Enriched with skin-loving ingredients like aloe Vera, algae extract, argan oil, avocado oil, sea salt, shea butter, jojoba seed oil etc, this mask is best suited for people with severe blackheads. It clarifies the skin and removes the oil and dirt with just one use. The mask has natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties which cure the skin of any discomforts and rashes. It also aids in reducing signs of ageing and improves the texture of the skin.
Concept Skin Blackhead Remover
People with oily skin would love this mask as it is oil-free and suited for oily and acne-prone skin. It dissolves blackheads with its bioactive formula and unclogs the pores with its deep cleansing action. This remover is not suitable for sensitive skin. The combination of witch hazel extract, lactic acid, salicylic acid, fennel extract, malic acid and other skin clearing ingredients make the skin feel clean and radiant. It also normalizes the pH balance of the skin.
Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
One of the very few pore strips that work, these cleansing strips from Biore extract all the dirt and residue from the pores and give your skin a refreshed feeling. The strips are hypoallergenic, dermatologically tested and oil-free so they can be used by all skin types. They also reduce pore size and appearance with regular use. At this price, these strips are one of the most cost-effective treatments for blackheads. Exfoliating the face before using the strips helps in removing the blackheads more easily and painlessly.
See Video Reviewback to menu ↑
Pure Body Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask
This mask from Pure Body Naturals is called the Fountain of Youth for its effect on the skin after just a few uses. The mask contains sunflower oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera, kaolin, calendula oil and xanthan gum as some of its main ingredients. It has a calming and refreshing effect on the skin and gives it a youthful look. It has high concentrations of magnesium and sodium which clean the pores and detoxify the skin. The mask also works on blemishes and lightens them considerably with regular use.
Vi-Tae Blackhead Remover, Pore Minimizer and Unclogger
An all natural blackhead remover, this multipurpose product from Vi-Tae is great for all skin types and does not contain any harmful chemicals. It contains sea kelp and red algae extract which clean the skin and detoxifies it by removing blackheads. The bentonite clay absorbs all the dirt and grime with its fast-absorbing action. Other ingredients include apricot kernel oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, sage oil, vitamin E etc which replenish the moisture level of the skin.
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
Called as the world’s most powerful facial, this wonder powder is known for its skin-healing properties and blackhead removing prowess. It is formulated with 100% natural clay which absorbs all the dirt easily. The formula is free of all chemicals, preservatives and other harmful ingredients. The powder needs to be mixed with apple cider vinegar or water to give it a paste-like consistency which cleans the skin. At this price, this is the most popular blackhead removing pack available in the market.
If you have blackheads in and around your nose and cheek area, a blackhead remover can help you get rid of the blackheads easily and effectively. These products also reduce the frequency of blackheads and clean the pores with their deep cleansing action. If you are looking to buy a good blackhead removing mask for your skin, these factors should be kept in mind which will help you make an informed choice:
- Formula & Ingredients
If you are looking for removing blackheads effectively, it is necessary to choose a product which is formulated for this specific concern. Regular face washes and scrubs do not work on blackheads. Look for clay-based masks as clay is one of the main ingredients used for removing blackheads. A thick mask like formula will absorb all the dirt and oil from the skin and make it radiant. Masks enriched with minerals and vitamins revitalise the skin and improve its texture. Look for products which contain natural ingredients and free of harmful chemicals.
- Ease of use
Peel-off masks can be messy and painful as they cling to the blackheads and pores of the skin. Most of the blackhead removers available in the market are peel-off and some are rinsing masks. Choose a mask which is easy to apply and remove without any discomfort or pain. You can also go for pore strips which work equally well and are very easy to use and remove.
- Skin type and concerns
Always choose a product which is formulated for your skin type as using other formulas can damage the skin further. If you have other skin concerns like dryness, oiliness, uneven skin tone etc, look for products which are formulated using ingredients which work on that skin concern. You can also go for products which are suitable for all skin types. If you have sensitive skin, choose a product which does not contains dyes or fragrances which can aggravate the skin.
Blackhead removing products generally come in the range of 10$ to 40$ depending upon the quantity and price. A mask costs more than a strip as it contains more quantity and better ingredients. While the strip is easy to use and throw, you need a good quality mask for a prolonged solution. You can check online for deals which will help you in getting your favourite products at a lesser price.
These products generally come in a jar or tube packaging which can dispense the product easily without any difficulty. Use a spatula to take the product out of a jar if it is a cream-based product. Powder products like the Aztec Indian Healing Clay can be mixed with water in a separate container to avoid contamination of the whole product. Go for a smaller tube packaging if you are travelling and need some instant blackhead removal for a special occasion.
Here are some general tips and tricks you should keep in mind while choosing and using a blackhead remover to clean your face in the most effective way:
- Always use an ice cube on the affected area after removing blackheads to gently seal the pores which are left open after the removal process. This will ensure that the frequency of blackheads reduces.
- Follow the instructions on the label carefully to avoid any sour experience because of the product formulation or usage.
- You can also use a blackhead extraction tool for removal instead of masks but it painful and does not reduce the future occurrence of blackheads.
- Gently scrubbing the mask before rinsing gives a mild exfoliation to the skin which removes dead skin cells and improves the texture of the skin.
- Use a face wash twice daily to keep the pores clean and the skin radiant as dirt build-up is one of the main causes behind blackheads.
So these are some of the most popular blackhead removers which are known for their performance and skin-healing properties. All these products are great for the skin and this buyer guide will help you choose the ideal product for your skin type and concern.
Q 1. What are blackheads?
Little plugs embedded into the pores of the skin, blackheads are those ugly-looking dead skin spots filled with sebum and corneocytes. Once the oil and dead cells get trapped within pores to form a residual substance called comedones, dead skin cells accumulate on the open pores of the skin. Over the time, the clogged material oxidizes to look like dirty black spots on the skin. If blackheads are not treated when it’s still time, there is a risk of acne, discoloration and open pores in the skin.
Q 2. What are the best ingredients for an ideal blackhead remover?
Though there are several types of ingredients for for an effective blackhead removal, the ingredient should have cleansing and anti-bacterial features. However, that shouldn’t come at a cost of turning the skin dry or discolored, so maintaining a balance between chemicals and natural ingredients is crucial. You can get clay-based masks that contain ingredients like aloe vera, oil (sunflower seed, jojoba etc), chamomile extract, vitamin E sources shea butter, etc. Having a natural blackhead remover will clean the skin for all blackheads and oiliness.
Q 3. What kind of masks are good for removing blackheads?
Struggling with peel-off masks on a regular basis can be quite a daunting task. If you buying a blackhead remover, look for peel-off masks or rinsing masks. Such masks are great to use and you can apply/remove them without the slightest unease.
Q 4. How do you know which blackhead remover is good?
Good Blackhead removers are those that have mineral-rich and natural ingredients that not only removes dead skin cells but it also tones the skin to get a radiant and glowing face. They can be used on blackhead areas to get a deep cleansing action. This brings an enhanced glow to you skin as the skin rejuvenates and freshens up with a new layer at the top. Blackhead removers that are also suited for oily- and acne-prone skin are a good option to look for as irrespective of the skin type they perform.
Q5. Which blackhead remover is good for your skin type?
Buy a blackhead remover that suits your skin type. Getting a wrong blackhead remover will not only damage your skin but also bring other side-effects. Basis your skin is oily, uneven skin tone, dry etc., look for the skin-specific blackhead remover.
Of course, there are many blackhead removers who are suitable for every skin type. But for those who have a sensitive skin, always avoid a product that doesn’t have natural ingredients.
Q6. Is blackhead a sign of bad health?
Not necessarily; but blackheads are not a sign of good health either. Though doctors do not find anything dangerous or unhygienic in blackheads, keeping your face free from blackhead spots can take you a long way in protecting and nourishing the health of your skin.
- Along with a blackhead remover if you want to get a natural solution to help along the process then once you get up in the morning, don’t forget to rinse your face using warm water and a clean towel. Done every day, this is a tested secret of removing blackheads in just 7 days. Moreover it is the simplest and when coupled with an actual blackhead remover the results are impressive.
- While the mask is still on your face the trick is to mildly rub over it and this will help you exfoliate your skin. This process is extremely healthy for the skin as it takes away the dead cells opening the sweat pores on the skin. It helps your skin breathe and absorb the essential naturals.
- While dust and dirt sticking to your face is one of the major causes of blackhead formation, properly washing your face with a face wash everytime you go out in traffic or in dust is a good practice. Also if you could avoid going much in dust then that’s even better.
- Since blackhead remover is a skin sensitive product and they come in variations with lot of specifics and details it is recommended that you make sure to read the instructions and other important information before you get to using the actual product. This will save you the risk of getting an unwanted reaction, irritation or itching from improper use.
- Immediately after you use a blackhead remover make sure that you put some thing that closes the open sweat pores as it will considerably reduce the risk of frequent blackhead revival. It can be done easily by just massaging the face with ice after using a blackhead remover.
- A mask is preferred over a blackhead extraction tool as it just minimizes the risk of blackhead revival while with an extraction tool the risk of blackheads coming back is considerably higher. Get a mask to keep the revival of any blackheads in check.
- While getting a mask for using with a blackhead remover make sure to use the ones that have natural extracts of aloe vera, sunflower oil or other ingredients that are rich in vitamin E. The more natural the better and lesser chances of any reactions or irritation.
- Using natural ingredients for exfoliation makes the skin fresh young and radiant. That is the reason even doctors recommend using sugar honey and baking powder mixture to use as a paste to exfoliate. So right before you start with your blackhead remover, get you dead skin removed naturally.