Are you a believer in curls? Or do you like your hair straight?
Curling your hair is a great way to add volume to the hair and give them a stylish twist. There are many ways to achieve curls but using curling wands is the most common and efficient method to get any type of curls you desire. There are many models of curling wands available in the market and it is difficult to choose one from them. This is why we have compiled a list of ten best curler wands available in the market which are great in terms of quality and results:
10 Best Curling Wands Review 2017
10. Remington CI95AC2 T|Studio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand
Available in two sizes, this wand from Remington is made up of ceramic pearl technology which controls frizz and gives a smooth finish to the hair. It glides along the hair smoothly and does not cause any discomfort. It has a tapered barrel which helps you to curl your hair in different ways. It comes with an automatic shut-off feature which prevents any mishaps. This wand comes with a heat protectant glove which keeps your skin protected from burns and injuries. The curler wand heats up quickly and gives you a salon finish with temperatures up to 410 degrees. The digital display of this wand helps you check the temperature easily and adjust it. The price is moderate and you can get the product on discount online.
- Smooth pearl ceramic surface is smooth on the hair and heats up evenly.
- The tapered wand makes different types of curls easily.
- The negative ion technology controls frizz.
- It is available in two universal sizes.
- The curler comes with a glove which protects the skin.
- The size is not suitable for women with thicker and longer hair.
- The temperature can reach the high range very quickly.
What we like about it: This curling wand is great for getting loose waves and curls for short to medium hair. It curls the hair without adding frizz.
9. Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Wand
With three color and three size options to choose from, this wand offers something for everybody. The wand has a conical barrel with size ranging from ½ inch to 1 inch to help you get tight and loose curls easily. It does not have any clamp with which hair is kept in place. This reduces stress on the hair and produces beautiful curls. The wand comes with five temperature settings to control the heat as per your hair type. The lowest temperature is ideal for fine hair and the highest setting is good for rough and thick hair. The material of the curler is ceramic and tourmaline which controls frizz and static to give you beautiful soft curls. The wand heats up instantly and enhances the lasting power of curls. The price is lesser as compared to other models.
- The size and color options in this wand make it easy to use it for any hair type.
- The ceramic and tourmaline give a smooth look to the curls without frizz.
- The price is less.
- The adjustable temperature settings give control over the heat.
- The lack of clamp makes it a bit difficult to keep the hair in curls on the wand.
What we like about it: The size of this wand makes it easy to attain different sizes of curls with just one tool. It also saves a lot of time as it heats up quickly.
8. Revlon Perfect Heat 3X Ceramic Styling Wand
If you are looking for a curling wand for a cheaper price, this option is ideal for people on a budget. It has all the features of a good curling wand at a fraction of the price of the regular ones. It has three ceramic coatings which protect the hair the heat and static. The barrel is in the shape of a cone which gives you natural looking curls of varying sizes. The wand has an adjustable heating feature with 30 temperature settings which offer a range of control for all hair types. The wand curls the hair evenly and the curls last for longer periods. It comes with a heat resistant glove. The price of this curler wand is lesser than its counterparts and the many customer reviews are a proof of its quality.
- The wand is a good budget option for those looking for a quality curler wand.
- The 30 heat settings make it very easy control the temperature of the wand.
- Three ceramic coatings make this curler very safe for fine or thin hair.
- The conical shape makes gradual curls which look natural.
- It offers just one size option which makes it a difficult wand to work with for longer hair.
- It heats up very quickly and needs to be checked continuously.
What we like about it: This price of this curler is great and the results it gives are at par with other expensive models.
7. TIGI Bed Head “Curlipops” 1″ Curling Wand
Another good budget curler, this wand from TIGI has a 1” barrel which is useful for both short and long hair. It comes with a glove and is made up of tourmaline ceramic for giving maximum shine to the curls without any damage. The cord of this curler is of 6 feet which is great to use in large rooms. The rapid heat recovery technology minimizes the heating time of this model. It does not have a clamp to hold the hair so your curls are without the kinks created by clamps. With five size options to choose from, the curler is suitable for all types of hair. The curler looks stylish with its metallic body. This is a great product which has just the right price.
- It heats up quickly to a high temperature to give you gorgeous curls in a short time.
- The cord is of a good length and does not entangle.
- The curler comes with five size options.
- The metallic body is stylish and easy to hold.
- The price of this curler is lesser as compared to other curler wands.
- It does not have adjustable temperature settings so the heat can be a bit difficult to control.
What we like about it: This wand from TIGI is a good option for people who want natural curls every day. It is easy to use and does its job quickly.
6. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Conicurl Iron
The tapered barrel of this curler is made up of nano-titanium which keeps the curls in shape and reduces frizz. It can create varying sizes of curls with ease. The shape of the barrel helps create curls easily and quickly. The curler wand is lightweight and is easy to hold and work with. The quality of this wand is great and it works on all types of hair because of its unique shape. The wand reaches high temperature quickly and it can be a bit difficult for first timers to control the heat. If you want to achieve natural loose waves and curls, go for this wand as it will give you the desired results without damaging your hair. The price of this wand is moderate and there are two sizes available to choose from.
- The nano-titanium barrel controls frizz and static to make smooth curls.
- It is an ideal wand for curling medium length hair into loose curls or waves.
- The body of the curler is lightweight and easy to control.
- It heats up quickly and reaches the ideal temperature within a short span of time.
- The price of this wand is a bit on the higher side.
- It does not have adjustable temperature settings.
What we like about it: This curling wand is good for achieving beach waves and loose curls if you have shorter hair. It protects the hair from the heat and gives long-lasting curls.
5. Homitt 5 in 1 Curling Iron Set
If you are looking for a set of curler wands with different sized barrels, this set from Homitt is good for achieving all types of curls within the comforts of your home. The interchangeable barrel sizes range from 0.35 inch to 1.25 inch. They fit into the handle and lock for safety. The wand has two temperature settings to control the heat. It heats up in just one minute and keeps the heat retained to curl the hair quickly. The cord has a 360-degree swivel for ease of use. With the five barrels, you can create ringlets, tight curls, loose curls, waves, and other hair styles in a jiffy. The price is a little high but you get five curler wands at the price of one.
- Five interchangeable barrels to choose from which create different types of curls easily.
- The barrels lock into the handle for safety and comfort.
- The adjustable temperature settings make it easy to control the heat.
- The 360-degree swivel cord is easy to use.
- The price of this set is high but you can get it on discount online.
What we like about it: This set is your one-stop destination for achieving all types of hairstyles with ease. It makes great curls and has a sturdy body.
4. xtava Satin Wave 5-in-1 Curling Iron and Wand Set
Another multipurpose curler wand set, this pack contains five interchangeable barrels ranging from 0.3 inches to 1.25 inches. The barrels can be changed according to the type of curl you want. Make sure you lock the barrel with the handle. The barrels are made up of ceramic tourmaline which keeps the hair smooth. The set has both big barrels with clamps for longer thicker hair and small wands without clamps for finer hair. The handle has nine temperature settings and two heat settings for accurate control. The set comes with an auto shut-off feature and an 8 feet swivel cord. The price of this set is high but the quality and different styling tools make it worth the investment.
- The five barrels make it easy to achieve any type of curls at home.
- The varied heat and temperature settings make it easy to keep the heat in control.
- The quality of the wand and the handle is good and sturdy for daily use.
- The cord of the curler is long enough to use across the room.
- The price is a little high for a curler wand.
- The wands do not have a cool tip feature.
What we like about it: This wand set is compact in size and offers all curling options. It is a good option if you are looking for a travel set.
3. Hot Tools HTBW1852 Curly-Q Tapered Nanoceramic Curling Iron
This nano-ceramic curling wand has a tapered barrel with a size range of ¾ inch – 1 ¼ inch. The ceramic heater provides even heating to the hair and makes the curls look smooth and shiny. The wand has a power indicator light with an on-off switch. It comes with a heat resistant glove which protects your skin when you are curling your hair. The ceramic barrel heats up quickly and helps to achieve small and tight curls for short and medium length hair. It also makes the curls last longer. The price of this curler is moderate as compared to other models.
- The tapered barrel is good for achieving different sizes of curls.
- The power indicator light makes it easy to check if the curler is ready.
- The heat-resistant glove is a must have for protecting your skin.
- The nano-ceramic controls frizz to a great extent
- The glove could be a bit thicker for giving effective protection against heat.
- The curler takes a long time to curl thick or coarse hair.
What we like about it: The wand is good for curling thin and fine hair into small ringlets and curls. The tapered end makes small curls easily.
2. Wazor Hair Curler 1-1/2″ Tapered Ceramic Hair Curling Iron
One of the most expensive hair curler wands available in the market, this wand from Wazor has all the features you need for curling your hair. It has a ceramic tourmaline body and a tapered barrel of size ½ inch – 1 inch. The temperature range of this wand ranges from 280- 400 degrees Fahrenheit with an auto shut-off feature which shuts off the wand after 30 minutes. It comes with a 360 degrees swivel cord which makes it easy to handle and use the curler. The price of this wand is very high but the luxurious hair styling experience with a salon finish makes it worth its price.
- The tapered barrel has a universal size range which works on all lengths of hair.
- The auto shut-off feature prevents accidents and keeps the wand in good condition.
- The temperature range of this wand makes it a good curler for fine to thick hair.
- The price of the wand is very high for the features it has.
What we like about it: The wand curls hard-to-curl hair easily and keeps the curls defined without using any other means. The wand is lightweight and has a good grip.
1. Lee Stafford CHoPstick STYLER Ceramic Curling Wand
If you want to achieve corkscrew curls, this wand is the perfect curler for you. It creates small tight curls for all hair types. The skinny wand is coated with ceramic for controlling the frizz and comes with a cool tip. The wand heats up very quickly and can reach temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It comes with a glove which makes it easy to curl the hair using the hot wand. The curls made using this wand last for days and look very attractive as they are much more defined. It works on all lengths of hair and even works on thick coarse hair which is difficult to curl. The price of this wand is moderate.
- The skinny wand is a great tool for achieving small tight curls.
- The wand heats up quickly and curls hair faster.
- The cool tip and glove protect the fingers from the heat.
- It can damage the hair if no heat protectant is used as it reaches high temperatures very quickly.
What we like about it: This wand is very popular for its curling results and is a great buy if you want tight ringlets or curls.
Once you know which the most popular curling wands are, the next important step is to determine which of these products is right for your hair. There are many sizes and features available in curling wands and it is essential to known which features are required and which are not. Not all curling wands are made for all hair types and requirements. The following factors will help you find the right product for curling your hair easily:
- Hair Type & Length
If you have long and thick hair, go for a larger barrel curling wand to get natural beach waves. Choose a small thin wand for short hair. Decide which type of curls you want and then check which curler gives you the desired curls for your hair length.
- Barrel size & Shape
Curling wands come in multiple sizes and can range from 3/8 inches to 2 inches in terms of barrel size. Choose a large barrel size if you want loose waves and a small barrel size for tight curls and roundels. Choose from conical, straight, spiral, pearl, etc shapes which give different shapes to your hair.
- Heat Settings
Some models come with adjustable temperature settings to help you control the heat you put your hair through. Start with lower temperatures if you have fine hair as they can get damaged very quickly in the high heat. Do not go above 300 degrees as a very high temperature can burn your hair.
Curler wands with ceramic, tourmaline, and titanium barrels work best for all types of hair as they heat the hair evenly without any hot spots which take away moisture from the hair. They also emit negative ions which control frizz. Do not buy cheaper curler wands which melt with high heat and cause accidents and hair damage.
Good quality curler wands can cost anywhere between 20$ t0 100$ depending on the material, brand, and the quality of the wand. A curler wand is a one-time investment and a quality wand will protect your hair from the heat and give you beautiful curls every day. You can get them at a cheaper price online if you keep an eye on discounts.
Here are some general tips and tricks you should consider when buying and using a curler wand to get gorgeous natural curls which last all day:
- If you have fine and thin hair, do not use higher temperature settings of the curler as the high heat can damage your hair and lead to breakage.
- The shape of the barrel also plays an important role in the type of curls you achieve. Check the shape to see if it gives the desired curls.
- If you are on a tight budget, look for models which come interchangeable barrels of different sizes to get all types of curls with one tool.
- Using a heat protectant on the hair before curling them protects the hair from heat damage. It also reduces split ends.
- Keep the curler in the travel pouch when carrying it in your bag or suitcase to protect the barrel from wear and damage.
So these are some of the most popular curling wands available in the market which give you natural looking curls without damaging your hair. All these models are good for everyday use and have all the features you need in a curling iron. Choose a model which is of the right size and is made up of a material which distributes heat evenly. This buyer guide will help you find the right curler for your hair type.