Last Updated on May 27th, 2018
Korean skincare products are famous for their path-breaking technology and skin-loving formulas with natural ingredients. Korean BB creams are used by many famous celebrities for their lightweight texture and intense coverage. They are known for their flawless color correction results and natural look. If you are looking for the most popular Korean BB creams available in the market, here is the list of 5 best BB creams which are popular for their coverage and skin benefits:
5 Best Korean BB Cream Review 2018
Editor Pick Best Korean BB Cream
CLIO Water Me PLS BB (SPF30,PA++)
With SPF 30 and PA++, this BB cream is a foundation, moisturizer and sunscreen rolled into one. It comes in a classy packaging with a cap. The texture of the BB cream is lightweight which provides medium coverage. The sun protection is adequate and you do not need an additional sun screen when you are using this BB cream. It gives a sheer dewy finish after it sets. Using a beauty blender or sponge to apply this cream gives a sheer natural finish. The staying power of this cream is what makes it unique as it stays for around 6-7 hours without fading. The BB cream does not make the skin oily or dry and gives a velvety moisturized look without looking shiny or greasy. Another great thing about this product is that it photographs well despite containing SPF. Normally SPF products can turn ashy under flash but this BB cream does its job well with or without flash. You do not need to apply a primer beneath this cream as it looks great without the primer also. There are no visible pores or uneven skin tone once the product sets on the skin.
- Contains SPF 30 with PA++ which provide ample sun protection to the skin.
- Has a lightweight texture and blends well into the skin without leaving any greasiness.
- The BB cream has a good staying power as it stays on the skin for 6-8 hours.
- Covers large pores and photographs well with the natural dewy finish.
- The cream is not very effective on dry skin as it does not moisturize the skin effectively.
- The price of the cream is high as compared to the quantity.
Why we like it
Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse Beauty Balm
The unique technology of this BB cream is what makes it the perfect choice for ladies with dry skin. It is made up of water bead technology which hydrates the skin and makes it look soft and supple. This formula contains 50% water and other skin-loving ingredients which protect the skin. The cream comes in just one shade which claims to suit all skin tones. This product has added SPF 25 which protects the skin from sun damage too. The cream does not contain any harmful ingredients like sulphates and phthalates which harm the skin. Another good point about this BB cream is that it is fragrance free so it can be used on sensitive skins also. The texture of the BB cream is lightweight and it provides sheer coverage. It does not break out the skin or make it look oily or shiny. The best way to apply this cream is too use your fingers in upward motion to dab the product into the skin. You can also use a beauty blender or brush if you are not comfortable with fingers.
- The cream is great for dry skin as it contains 50% water in the formula.
- SPF 25 protects the skin from the harsh rays of the sun.
- The formula is fragrance-free so it does not irritate the skin or cause breakouts.
- The water-fuse technology helps the cream to penetrate into the skin easily.
- The price of the cream is very high as compared to other BB creams.
- The product comes in only one shade which might not suit all skin tones.
Why we like it
Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm Bb Cream VIP Gold
This triple function beauty balm with the goodness of essential oils is an ideal skincare product for nourishing the skin and providing coverage with just one multipurpose product. It has a soft and smooth texture which is easy to apply and covers all the dark and dull spots on the skin with just one layer. With SPF 30 and UVA and UVB protection, this BB cream is the one product you need to do your makeup in just one minute. The packaging of this cream is also very classy with pump dispenser and gold bottle. The sweet almond oil and sunflower seed oil with collagen make the skin look hydrated and plump with even coverage. The cream also contains an ingredient called Arbutin which inhibits melanin production in the skin. This makes the skin look fairer and radiant. It also reduces the appearance of freckles and dark spots. This cream also comes in a pink version which is suitable for oily skin whereas this gold version is great for dry skin as the texture is rich.
- Contains essential oils which nourish the skin and treat multiple skin concerns.
- The formula comes with SPF 30 with UVA & UVB protection to protect the skin from sun damage.
- Enhances the radiance of the skin and reduces dark sports if used regularly.
- Suitable for dry skin as it has a thick consistency which moisturizes the skin well.
- The formula is a bit heavy so it is not suitable for oily skin.
- The bottle is a little bulky for traveling purposes.
Why we like it
Check Video Reviewback to menu ↑
Holika Holika Aqua Petit jelly BB Cream
The jelly-like texture of this cream is what makes it super fun to use on the skin. This cream is made up of 80% mint water which plumps up the skin and makes it super hydrated. It comes in a fun and compact packaging with a polka dotted cap. It comes in two shades which can be used for different skin tones. The ingredients of this cream include marine jelly which gives a lift to the face and controls sebum effectively. The staying power of this cream is about 5-6 hours in hot and humid summers and 7-8 hours in dry winters. It gives light to medium coverage with a matte finish which looks even and radiant. The price of this BB cream is a little on the higher side but the finish it provides is very natural and flawless. The ingredients are also beneficial to the skin and make it look hydrated. It covers dark circles and blemishes easily with just a few drops of the product. Another great thing about this cream is that is smells amazing and blends flawlessly into the skin. Use a foundation buffing brush to pat the product into the skin without any difficulty. This will also help in getting an even finish.
- Suitable for all skin types and contains 80% mint water which refreshes the skin and makes it look radiant.
- Is available in two shades to choose from according to your skin type
- The marine jelly controls excess sebum production and accelerates cell renewal.
- Provides a natural finish with medium coverage and blends well into the skin.
- The price of the cream is high as compared to the quantity.
- It gives a matte finish which might not be preferred by people looking for dewy finishes.
Why we like it
Check Video Reviewback to menu ↑
MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42
With 42 SPF, this BB creams contains one of the highest SPF concentrations in the BB cream market. It has ingredients with skin soothing properties which make it a great skincare product too. It gives a natural finish and makes it look even without any dark spots. The cream also prevents wrinkles and works on dark spots to make the skin look even better. This BB cream contains caviar and algae extracts which make it glide evenly on the skin and help the product to get absorbed into the skin. The presence of seed oils in the cream makes it a hydrating formula for dry skin. The cream comes in an exhaustive range of shades ranging from light to dark skin tones. The quantity of product justifies the price as this cream provides excellent coverage with medium to high cover for blemishes and dark spots. You just need one drop of the product for the whole face so this tube will last easily for 3-4 months. The packaging of this cream is also compact and travel friendly.
- The formula comes with 42 SPF which is one of the highest sun protection offered by BB creams.
- Contains caviar and algae extracts which provide anti-aging benefits and nourish the skin.
- The cream comes in a compact packaging and is travel-friendly.
- The quantity is good as the cream lasts for 3-4 months if used regularly.
- The consistency of the cream is a little thick so it takes time to absorb into the skin.
- The price is a little high for the quantity.
Why we like it
Check Video Review
What is the difference between CC Cream and BB cream?
BB creams are lighter versions of foundations and usually provide a light to medium coverage to the skin and make it look even. They also come with sun protection to provide other benefits. CC creams are designed for color correction so they are more focused on treating dullness issues and redness. CC creams contain light-diffusing particles which make the skin look even and radiant. Both creams are designed keeping completely different skin concerns in mind. For daily use, a BB cream is preferable as it combines the benefits of a moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation in one product. A CC cream can be used for special occasions when you need better coverage and color correction.
Can you replace foundation with BB cream?
No. A BB cream provides very light coverage and does not cover all the imperfections like a foundation does. It has a lighter consistency and can be called as a tinted moisturizer. A foundation, on the other hand, provides full coverage and makes your skin look even and flawless. It is good for special occasions like weddings and important meetings as using foundation on an everyday basis can clog the pores of the skin. Foundations are relatively expensive as compared to BB creams also.
Can you mix BB cream with liquid foundation?
Yes, you can mix your favorite BB cream with a tiny drop of foundation to get full coverage with a dew finish. This will give you all the benefits of a BB cream without compromising on the coverage. You can also mix foundation with BB cream so get the right shade for your skin tone as some BB creams are available in a limited number of shades. Make sure that you blend the foundation and BB cream together well to avoid patchy skin.
What does the BB in BB cream stand for?
The BB in BB creams stands for beauty balm or blemish balm. It basically means a multipurpose balm which targets multiple skin concerns and offers the benefits of a sunscreen, moisturizer, primer, and concealer in one. They are usually used to cover minor blemishes and skin imperfections so they are also referred to as blemish balm creams.
Can you put moisturizer before BB cream?
While a BB cream does provide the benefits of a moisturizer also, people with very dry skin should use a moisturizer along with the BB cream to provide an extra boost of hydration to their skin. You should use the moisturizer before using a BB cream and allow the moisturizer to absorb completely before proceeding with the BB cream. Using a moisturizer first protects your skin from the tinted formula as it can clog your pores if the consistency is too heavy.
Can you cover acne with BB cream?
Mild blemishes can be covered easily with a good BB cream but stubborn acne can only be covered with the help of a full coverage foundation or concealer. BB creams have a very light consistency so they cover the skin with a very thin layer rather than hiding all the imperfections. Mild acne marks or smaller pimples can be covered by BB creams and you can also use a CC cream to correct the redness around the pimples or the acne.
Do BB creams clog pores?
Products which do not come with a non-comedogenic rating can clog the pores and cause the skin to breakout. Look for BB creams which are non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic in nature. These creams do not block the pores or cause skin irritation. Give your skin a break every 3-4 days so that it is able to breathe properly. Removing the makeup with a good makeup remover before sleeping also helps in preventing the pores from clogging.
How to use a BB cream:
The most important thing to consider while using a BB cream is to use the right technique while applying the BB cream. Here is the right procedure to use and remove a BB cream properly:
– Clean your face well with a mild facial cleanser suited for your skin type. This helps to remove any excess oil, dirt, or sebum from the skin.
– Moisturize your skin well with your favorite face moisturizer to form a base for the rest of the makeup. A well-hydrated skin looks radiant and fresh all day so it is very important to include this step in your skincare routine.
– Allow the moisturizer to get absorbed into the skin before proceeding with the BB cream.
– Use a good concealer to lighten and brighten your under eye area and dab the concealer on the skin.
– Take a small quantity of the BB cream from the tube or the jar and apply it in dots on the whole face and the neck area.
– Use a makeup sponge or clean fingers to gently blend the BB cream into the skin. Blend outwards in circular motions to get a clean and even finish. Use a dry makeup sponge to apply the cream as this helps the cream to glide on the skin evenly.
– Build up the coverage by going back on areas which need more coverage than the rest of the face. Dab the cream on these spots and blend the cream properly.
– Follow up with a compact if you have very oily skin or leave it as it is if you like a dewy finish. You can now proceed with other makeup products like blush, contouring powder, and highlighters.
Benefits of BB creams:
Before you purchase a BB cream, it is important to understand the multiple benefits this cream offers for your skin. Some of the benefits of BB creams are listed below:
1. They eliminate the need to use a lot of products like sunscreens, moisturizers, concealers, foundations, and primers.
2. BB creams are quick to use and great for busy people who do not find ample time to get dressed for any occasion or daily outings.
3. They are cheaper as compared to other tinted skin products and offer a good value for money.
4. BB creams offer a natural finish to the skin and do not make it look like you have a lot of makeup on. The subtle dewy finish is great for everyday makeup.
5. Most BB creams do not clog pores and leave the skin feeling soft and smooth because of the hydrating formula.
6. These creams provide a good alternative to heavy makeup products and allow your skin to breath for people who prefer lighter makeup.
7. BB creams also offer many skincare benefits apart from being used as tinted moisturizers. They hydrate the skin and provide sun protection apart from working on marks and blemishes.
8. These creams also correct dullness and sallow skin to some extent and make your skin look fresh and glowing. If you need more color correction, you can go for a CC cream which is designed to control redness and dullness more efficiently.
Korean BB Cream Buyer Guide:
If you want to try a BB cream, it is important to consider a few factors before buying the product so that you get the best of beauty and skincare in one multipurpose product. BB creams are the new foundations as they are preferred over heavy formulas in the hot and humid summers. There are a lot of BB creams available in the market but first read these tips and tricks which will make it easier for you to make a decision regarding which BB cream you should buy for your skin:
The most important feature of any skincare regime is a solid sun protection which protects the skin from the harsh rays of the sun. Combining any makeup or skincare product with a separate sunscreen can make the application look patchy or uneven. A BB cream which has added SPF in its formula should be chosen so that the need for using a separated sunscreen is eliminated. An SPF of 25 and above is good enough for daily use with added UVA and UVB protection. If your BB cream does not have SPF, it is not a good multipurpose product to buy.
The main reason for using a BB cream and not a moisturizer is that we also need some coverage for targeting skin concerns like dark spots, uneven skin, sun damage, wrinkles, dark circles etc. BB creams are not exactly foundations but they should provide light to medium coverage and add to the radiance of the skin. The texture of the product should be light on the skin without any heavy feeling. The coverage can be built according to the requirement with layering. BB creams are packed with different skincare benefits and should be chosen only if the cream provides enough coverage with multiple skincare benefits. This will make it a perfect all-in-one product which is good for the skin and makes it look better too.
The ingredients of BB creams vary in different versions as all creams target different skincare concerns. Ingredients like vitamin C & E with essential oils nourish the skin and reduce any cell damage. Some creams also contain anti-ageing ingredients like Hyaluronic acid which help fill wrinkles and reduce fine lines. Creams which are water or gel based work better on oily skin and oil-based creams work on dry skins which need some nourishment. Check the consistency of the cream by doing a patch test on the skin to see how the ingredients work on your skin.
BB creams can cost anywhere between 10 dollars to 100 dollars depending upon the brand and ingredients. Creams with rare ingredients can cost more but they make the skin look youthful and smooth. Choose a cream which provides enough coverage and has skin-loving ingredients and comes within your budget. BB cream is a daily staple product and expensive creams will only add to the expenses as they offer lesser quantity at a higher price. Look online for deals and discounts which can help you get your ideal product within your budget.
Choose a cream which comes in a compact and easy to use packaging as you will be using this cream daily. An elaborate packaging with risk of breakage can only add to your time in the morning as they need to be handled very carefully. A small travel-friendly tube can be carried easily in the purse for touch-ups on the go. These days powder BB creams are also available which come with a sponge applicator to make things easier for working and travelling women.
So these are some of the best BB creams available in the market in terms of coverage and skin benefits. Choose from these products if you want to try the award-winning Korean BB creams which are loved by people across the world. This buyer’s guide will help you choose the ideal BB cream for your skin within your budget.
Have you tried BB creams? Which is your favourite brand when it comes to BB creams?