Last Updated on March 10th, 2018
Do you want to invest in a shampoo from Schwarzkopf but are confused between the choices available to you?
10 best Schwarzkopf shampoos available in the market include:
Editor Pick Best Schwarzkopf Shampoo
Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Biotin Volume Shampoo
Available in 2 sizes to choose from, this shampoo is designed to strengthen and repair your hair is more suitable for fine and lifeless hair which need some structure. It claims to increase your hair volume by up to 80% if you use it regularly. It gives a fuller appearance to the hair and the biotin in the formula repairs the hair from the root to the tip. The consistency of the shampoo is very light and airy so it does not weigh down the hair. The shampoo also contains pearl essence which makes the hair look lustrous and shiny. The fragrance of the shampoo is mild and it makes the hair feel clean and fresh. It is also suitable for colored hair so you can alternate between this shampoo and the color shampoo to get radiant and healthy hair. The shampoo is not very harsh on the hair so it is suitable for daily use. The price of the shampoo is affordable as compared to other shampoos.
- Has a mild and gentle formula with biotin and pearl essence which strengthen and repair the hair while adding volume.
- The shampoo has a nice fragrance which makes the hair smell fresh and clean.
- Is suitable for daily use and can be used to wash color-treated hair as well.
- The quantity of the shampoo is good as one bottle lasts for at least 2-3 months.
- It dries the hair out if you use more quantity than required according to some users.
Check Video Reviewback to menu ↑
Schwarzkopf BC Color Freeze pH 4.5 Silver Shampoo
Formulated especially for color-treated hair, this silver shampoo from the brand is great for grey or highlighted hair as it protects and freezes the color after each wash. It is formulated with color pigments that clean the hair without washing the color out of the hair. These pigments also protect your hair against damage from UV rays and make your hair color look vivid and radiant. The color of the shampoo is purple which makes the silver and the gray hair color look more metallic and professional. The shampoo does not dry out the hair or irritates the scalp as the formula is free of sulfates and parabens. Regular use of this shampoo also reduces the yellow and brassy tones from the silver hair and keep your hair looking like you just came out of a professional salon. This shampoo is available in a salon-sized bottle so it is priced a little higher as compared to regular bottles. One bottle lasts for at least 6 months so it is worth the investment.
- Suitable for silver and gray colored hair as it brings out the metallic tones and suppresses the yellow and brassy tones.
- Protects the hair from the harmful UV rays and freezes it to prevent it from fading.
- Does not dry out the hair or make it prone to breakage.
- The salon-sized bottle lasts for a couple of months easily.
- The purple shampoo stains the fingers so it is better to shampoo your hair wearing gloves.
- The shampoo is not available in a smaller bottle which makes it difficult to try it before purchasing the full bottle.
Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Moisture Kick Shampoo
One of the most popular shampoos from the brand, this moisture kick shampoo provides a boost of moisture to the hair and revives dull and dry hair back to health. It has a white and creamy consistency and is suitable for daily use. It is easy to rinse and can be used to wash all types of hair. The shampoo comes in a huge bottle which lasts for 2-3 months if you shampoo your hair daily. It has a light fragrance which lingers in the hair and keeps it smelling clean and fresh all day long. It does not weigh down the hair but make sure that you use a very little amount of product to avoid product build-up. You can also buy the conditioner and the spray serum from the same range to get even better results. The price of the shampoo is reasonable as compared to the quantity.
- Is great for dry hair which need a moisture boost to look healthy and radiant.
- Provides quick results and is suitable for everyday use.
- Has a conditioner and a spray serum available in the same range which add to the results of the shampoo.
- Rinses easily and does not leave any product residue in the hair.
- Can weigh the hair down if you use more product than required to wash the hair.
- Is not suitable for oily hair as it can make the scalp and the hair appear greasy.
Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair With Liquid Keratin Liquid Silk Shampoo
Keratin is one of the building blocks of hair and this shampoo from Schwarzkopf uses liquid keratin to repair your hair from the roots. It also contains a gloss enhancer which makes your hair shine. Regular use of this shampoo softens the hair without making them feel oily or greasy. The consistency of the shampoo is a little heavy so it is better to use only the desired quantity. It controls frizz significantly and leaves the hair smooth and soft. It has a faint smell which does not stay in the hair for long. This shampoo is suitable for damaged to much-damaged hair. It coats each strand of hair with liquid silk keratin to strengthen and repair it gradually with each use. It comes in a handy bottle with a flip open cap which prevents the shampoo from spilling out of the bottle. The price of the shampoo is quite affordable as compared to other shampoos from the brand.
- Contains liquid silk keratin which bonds to the hair and strengthens it.
- The gloss enhances make the hair appear shiny and radiant.
- Revives dull and damaged hair back to health gradually.
- The price of the shampoo is quite affordable and the bottle lasts for at least a month.
- Some people do not like the fragrance of the shampoo.
- The shampoo dries out the hair if used very frequently.
Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure TIME RESTORE Shampoo
Most people ignore their hair when it comes to the aging aspect but your hair can also age with time. The time restore shampoo from Schwarzkopf is designed to reduce signs of aging and gently cleans the hair to remove dirt and excess oil from the scalp. It comes in a classy packaging with a white and gold bottle. This shampoo is designed for mature hair which is fragile and shows signs of aging. It strengthens the hair and reduces hair breakage by improving the hair elasticity. Regular use of this shampoo reduces hair tangling and keeps frizz under control. The formula lathers well and is easy to rinse. The fragrance of the shampoo is a bit strong as compared to other ranges but it fades away after a while. The price is high but you can get this shampoo at a discount online.
- Is good for mature and aging hair to reverse signs of aging and improve hair texture.
- Controls frizz easily and keeps the hair looking soft and smooth.
- Comes in a classy packaging and cleans the hair and the scalp effectively.
- Reduces hair breakage and lathers well to remove excess oil.
- The price of the shampoo is high.
- The consistency of the shampoo is a bit runny.
Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure FIBRE FORCE SHAMPOO
Suitable for extremely damaged hair which needs strong treatments, the fiber force shampoo is formulated using micronized keratin molecules which mimic the natural hair structure and strengthen the bonding structure of the hair with regular use. It repairs the hair drastically and reduces frizz. The formula of the shampoo is a bit strong so it is better to use it sparingly if you have fine and sensitive hair. The shampoo comes in a tube packaging with a flip open cap which is handy and travel-friendly. It has a decent fragrance which is neither too strong nor too mild but it fades away after a few hours. It rebuilds the hair fiber with regular use and works on strengthening the hair structure which has been damaged due to over-styling or improper hair care. The price of the shampoo is affordable as it is not supposed to be used daily so the bottle will last for at least 3-4 months.
- Is great for reviving extremely damaged hair as it rebuilds the hair fiber using keratin molecules.
- Comes in a travel-friendly tube packaging with a flip-open cap.
- Shows visible results in just a few washes and makes the hair feel soft and smooth.
- The price is affordable as compared to the quantity.
- The formula of the shampoo is a bit strong so it is not advisable to use it daily.
- Some users find the fragrance of this shampoo a bit strong.
Check Video Reviewback to menu ↑
Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Color Save True Silver Shampoo
Another great shampoo for silver and highlighted hair, the color save true silver shampoo from Schwarzkopf comes in a light purple bottle which matches the color of the shampoo. It enhances the grey and silver tones of the hair and reduces brassy color to make your true hair color shine. It also improves the elasticity of the hair which reduces hair breakage and improves your hair texture gradually. The consistency of the shampoo is very lightweight and only a small amount of product is required to wash short to medium hair. It is advisable to use gloves to wash the hair as the shampoo can stain your hands and fingers. The fragrance of the shampoo is very soothing and makes your hair feel as good as freshly washed at the salon. It can be used for all types of silver and gray hair as it does not dry out the hair. The price of the shampoo is very high as compared to other variants.
- Great for silver and gray hair as it highlights the color and reduces yellow tones.
- Has a lightweight consistency which does not weight down the hair or make them feel greasy.
- Has a nice and soothing fragrance which lingers in the hair for quite some time.
- Comes in a large bottle which lasts for around 4-5 months if used twice a week.
- The price of the shampoo is quite high.
- The shampoo is not available in a smaller bottle so you cannot try it before purchasing.
Schwarzkopf Osis Refresh Dust Bodifying Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoos are a great way to make your hair look healthy and clean in between washes and this dry shampoo is one of the bestsellers from the brand. It comes in a handy spray packaging and is very good for traveling purposes also. The shampoo absorbs all the excess oil and dirt to make your hair look freshly washed. Dry shampoos should be used sparingly as they can lead to product build-up if used very frequently. It does leave a white residue on the scalp if you do not shake out the product out of the hair well. The shampoo also adds volume to the hair and works for all hair types. The formula has a light and clean scent which is a little bit floral and makes your hair smell pleasant. It is not sticky like other dry shampoos and it takes only one or two sprays to cover the hair completely. The price of the shampoo is quite affordable for a dry shampoo.
- Works well for all hair types and makes your hair look freshly washed.
- Comes in a handy packaging and can be used while traveling too.
- Is quite affordable and lasts for long.
- Absorbs excess oil well and keeps your scalp dry and fragrant.
- Can lead to product build-up if not brushed well out of the hair.
- The shampoo can leave a white cast on the hair if used on dark hair.
Schwarzkopf 16627100744 BC Scalp Therapy Dandruff Control Shampoo
If you are looking for a good shampoo for controlling dandruff, the scalp therapy shampoo from Schwarzkopf uses zinc pyrithion along with antibacterial ingredients to relieve itching and control dandruff. It heals the skin of the scalp and cleans the hair to remove excess oil and dirt. The formula also contains nutrients which control shedding to keep dandruff under control. The shampoo has a strong formula to control dandruff so it is advisable to use it sparingly till the problem is brought under control. The tube packaging is easy to use and one tube lasts for one-two months depending on the usage. The shampoo is thick in terms of consistency and has a clinical fragrance. The shampoo is free of silicones so it does not clog the pores or lead to hair damage in the long run. The price of the shampoo is affordable and it is easily available.
- Reduces dandruff and controls itching from the first wash itself.
- Uses zinc pyrithion and essential nutrients to clean the hair and nourish them.
- The price is quite affordable and the tube lasts for a couple of months easily.
- Is suitable for all types of hair and does not damage the hair due to the silicone-free formula.
- The shampoo is a bit thicker than other shampoos so it is a little difficult to rinse out of the hair.
- It is not suitable for everyday use.
Schwarzkopf Professional BlondMe All Blondes Keratin Restore Blonde Shampoo
If you are looking for a good and gentle daily shampoo for blonde hair, this restorative shampoo is a good option to consider as it cleans and conditions the hair without affecting the color. It leaves your hair smooth and soft and adds to the vibrancy of the blonde highlights or global highlights. The shampoo uses a detoxifying agent to remove dirt and bacteria which accumulate in the hair and make your hair look dull. The shampoo also contains keratin and silk proteins which nourish and repair the hair from within and make them look healthy and voluminous. This shampoo is suitable for color-treated or chemically-treated hair and works well for bleached hair also. The price of the shampoo is a little high but you can get it at a discount online or buy it in a bundle with other products from the same range to save some money.
- Suitable for blonde and highlighted hair and can be used for bleached hair also.
- Uses a detoxifying agent with silk proteins and keratin molecules to nourish and repair the hair.
- Is suitable for daily use and does not dry out the hair.
- Makes the color look vibrant and glossy if used regularly.
- The price of the shampoo is a bit high.
- It is runny in consistency and does not lather that well.
Check Video Review
Q: Can all Schwarzkopf shampoos be used for all types of hair?
No. Each shampoo from the brand is formulated for specific hair concern and hair type so it is advisable to read the product description and the label of the shampoo carefully to see its suitability for your hair type. You can also ask a salon professional to guide you in creating a good hair care routine for maintaining your hair.
Q: Should i shampoo my hair daily?
It depends on your hair type and the level of physical activity you indulge in to determine if you need daily hair cleansing. If you have oily or greasy hair or sweat a lot due to physical activity, it is better to wash your hair daily with a gentle clarifying shampoo. If you have dry hair and do not sweat a lot, you can wash your hair twice or thrice in a week to keep them clean. Choose a very mild shampoo if you want to wash your hair daily to keep them protected from the harsh ingredients.
Q: How often can i use a dry shampoo to wash my hair?
Dry shampoos should be used very sparingly and only if you do not have any other option as these shampoos clog the pores and restrict hair growth if used regularly for a long period of time. You can use a dry shampoo once in a week at the most to keep your hair clean in between the regular washes. Dry shampoos are usually convenient to use while traveling as they do not require water.
Q: Are the conditioners from the Schwarzkopf range as effective as the shampoos in cleaning and repairing the hair?
Yes. Most shampoos from the brand come with conditioners from the same ranges which are as effective as the shampoos in terms of results. These conditioners are designed to work along with the shampoos so it is advisable to use the conditioner from the same range as the shampoo.
Q: Can I use multiple shampoos from Schwarzkopf to wash my hair?
Most shampoos are designed to treat a specific hair concern so treating your hair to multiple formulas can damage your hair in the long run and prevent you from getting the desirable results. It is better to use a single shampoo for a couple of weeks to see if it is working for your hair before switching to any other type of shampoo.
Some tips to keep in mind when buying and using a Schwarzkopf shampoo to get desired results:
- Do not use shampoos which contain silicones or parabens very often as these chemicals can restrict hair growth or lead to hair damage if your hair is exposed to these chemicals continuously.
- Make sure that you rinse the shampoo out of your hair completely before using the conditioner otherwise it can clog your pores and lead to product build-up.
- Alternate between a mild clarifying shampoo and a shampoo designed for your specific hair concern to get the benefits of both the formulas without treating your hair to the harsh formulas on a daily basis.
- Oiling your hair with coconut or almond oil before using a shampoo works well in controlling dryness and protecting the hair from the harmful chemicals.
- Work up a lather with your fingers after coating your hair with the shampoo to absorb excess oil and dirt from the scalp.
- Wash your hair with cold water instead of hot water as hot water can dry the hair and lead to itching and flakiness.
- Divide your hair into small sections before applying shampoo to them as this helps the shampoo to coat each hair strand.
- Avoid applying Schwarzkopf shampoos to the scalp unless specifically mentioned on the product as the skin on the scalp is very sensitive and can react adversely to the formula.
- Keep the bottles of the Schwarzkopf shampoos upside down if they come with a flip-open cap as this prevents the formula of the shampoo from breaking or disintegrating over a period of time.
- If the formula of the shampoo does not suit you even after a couple of washes, switch the shampoo to see if the ingredients are causing an adverse reaction.
- Wait for at least one-two months to see the complete effects of the shampoo on your hair as most shampoo formulas are quite gentle and will not show instant results.
- The Schwarzkopf range of hair care products is used by many major salons so you can also book a salon appointment to get a proper hair wash once in a while to get the maximum benefits of the shampoo.
- Leave the shampoo in your hair after lathering for at least 2-3 minutes before rinsing to allow the ingredients to work on the hair.
Have you used a shampoo from Schwarzkopf? Which one is your favorite?